New center console for 86 MJ

Hey guys. Kinda new here. I have an 86 MJ with the long bed and the 2.8. It has 70k original miles and I'm the second owner. Original owner was my father in-law. I'm looking to swap the center console and found one local by me. Only problem is its out of a 99 Grand Cherokee. Will that still work or only the 97-01 regular Cherokee console? Please let me know, looking to pick it up tomorrow. Also, all of your rides are awesome. Been looking on here for months but I think this is my first post. Near future will be the 97-01 front nose conversion as well. Thanks again guys for any help in advance.

The console from the grand cherokee would be too wide to fit between your seats. The 97+ Cherokee console will fit with slight mods to the e-brake handle, but the 84-96 Cherokee console drops in with no mods at all. Just have to add a bracket for the rear of the console to the floor.

Depending on the color you need, I have a gray one in excellent shape from an 88 Cherokee. Comes with bracket for the floor. Let me know if youre interested and I can show you pics of it.