2011 Christmas Caravan for Kids

COMJNUT

The 9th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids

This year’s event will be held on Saturday, December 3rd, at the Jefferson County Event Center from 10 am – 2 pm.

Please save the date and plan to join us. The Marines’ Toys for Tots campaign has already experienced a 20% increase in toy requests over last year.

A little background info—

In 2003, an ongoing community service project entitled “Christmas Caravan for Kids” was begun. Each year, in conjunction with area vendors and 4-Wheelers throughout Colorado’s Front Range, we sponsor a toy drive and “meet and greet” to benefit the Marine’s Toys for Tots Campaign. 4-Wheelers from around the Front Range meet in pre-determined locations and “caravan” to the event site where the USMC’s MACS 23rd Air Unit from Buckley Air Force Base is waiting to receive the toys donated by participants. For each of our first two events, we were the second largest single day toy donation the Marines received (second only to the Denver Bronco Toy Drive). In 2005, we became the largest single day donation ever received by Denver’s Toys for Tots campaign. Following the toy drive, participants are treated to a “meet and greet” with area vendors which includes a FREE lunch and FREE raffle drawing.

All vehicles are welcome—daily drivers, trail rigs, buggies, trailer queens, trucks, hot rods, muscle cars, bikes and…… bring your ride along with new unwrapped toys to donate to help assure no child goes without a Christmas.

Locations: All Caravans leave their meeting site at 10:00 am

North Metro:

Quaker Steak and Lube

104th and US-36

East Metro:

Off Road, Ltd

14200 E Colfax

(just east of I-225)

South Metro:

Home Depot

I-25 and Arapahoe Road

Southwest Metro:

Southwest Plaza

South Side near Sears

Bowles and Wadsworth

Northern Colorado:

The Northern Co area will have 2 meeting locations for the Caravan to Denver, choose whichever location and time works best and arrive before the group leaves.

The first meeting place will be located at the Park-N-Ride on the SW corner of I-25 & Hwy 402 (the south Loveland exit just north of Johnson's Corner). Kerry Beach will be our CCFK host at this location again this year. The group will leave promptly at 8:30 AM and head south on I-25 to Longmont and meet the group from the Trailridge Runners 4WD Club at the Park-N-Ride on the SW corner of Hwy 66. The group will then leave that location at 9:00 AM to head straight to the fairgrounds.

As always, thanks to everyone for all of your support over the years and a huge thanks in advance for this year’s event.

This is always a great event to go to, I would love to see more MJ's out there this year than years past...Prove me wrong in me only expecting to see one other MJ! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...