1974 Jeep CJ5

Comanche County

This is a 1974 CJ5 with a 232 six cylinder which runs good for its age. Its unexpectedly strong.

T14 three speed transmission,

Dana 20 transfer case,

Front Dana 30 with locking hubs,

Rear flanged Dana 44 both with 3.73 gears.

Recent work done:

- New clutch kit, with clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing. The clutch works PERFECTLY, there's plenty of pedal travel.

- New 1bb carburetor. As soon as you turn the key, it starts right up!

- New fuel pump.

- New Starter.

- New Battery.

- Entire brake system has been replaced except for the Master Cylinder (MC) and distribution block. Drums were turned, installed all new shoes, all new brake hardware, new wheel cylinders in back. The front wheel cylinders were honed and rebuilt. The MC was bleed properly and the Jeep stops well for having a manual drum brake system.

- New plugs and plug wires

- Reset the timing. It runs cool and always pushes 30-50 psi of oil pressure depending on RPMs.

- Installed high back seats which slide and recline. They're comfy.

- Added some storage bins, included some spare hand tools.

- Ground the outer tub, hood and fenders down to bare metal and repainted it.

- Added a roll bar and seat belts from a 90's YJ.

The bad: It has an exhaust leak, only two gauges work - temp and oil pressure, Windshield is cracked. There's a bit (a lot) of rust in the bottom of the in the tool box area, the horn and taillights don't work but the wiring is intact and they can be made functional with a minimum amount of work. The T14 whines, but I inspected the gears while I had it out replacing the clutch and they were okay. It shifts fine, doesn't pop out of gear and I don't think it'll self destruct anytime soon.

--- NO TITLE ---! But a good vehicle to have a little fun with around a farm or deer lease.

1800 OBO

6268908109_046bd7f9f3_z.jpg

6205838888_7a7b2070dc_z.jpg

6205830542_4ac2922e51_z.jpg

6205827166_958d271412_z.jpg

Archived