Old Jeeper but new to Comanche

Hi, i am new to the Comanche platform. Actually, i haven't bought one as of yet but am hunting down the right Comanche for me. Just wanted to say hi and see if anyone had any pointers as to what to look out for when purchasing a Comanche. Thanks!

I second that, the unifram rails are thin, so what seems like surface rust can actually be a bad case of frame rot.

Water leaks are common in the cab, so rusted floor boards are as well.

Rocker rust is always nasty

doors/fenders and everything forward of the firewall is cherokee parts, so don't be afraid o some light front end damage.

Bed parts are nearly impossible to find, junkyard only. Above the rear fenderwells is another popular rust place.

If it's an 87-89 with the 4.0 and a 5spd check the trans, it may still be the original puegot trans, it's a POS and should never have been put behind the 4.0 It's a french light duty car trans.

thanks a lot guys. i plan on buying one that i can fix up but i don't want to have to buy whole new truck to do it. i appreciate the comments and will remember them when i go to look at them. btw any idea of any for sale on the east coast (ga, sc, nc, fl) ? thanks!

Hey man looks like your not to far from me. There was one for sale on http://www.usjeeps.com which is a SC jeep forum it was high priced and I let him know so try that one its in the Jeeps for sale forum. Also wlecome to the club and My screenname is the same on that forum. When i get back in the states if you want to wheel we can hit up Gulches up in Laurens great new spot might even rival Tellico one day :cheers: Ill keep my eye peeled for ya.

BTW you don't happen to be in the Marines would you I just seen where you were from???

Cole