Dover Dirt Trails

mvusse

Dover Dirt Trails in Strasburg, OH will be open to 4wd vehicles (trucks, Jeeps, etc.) for the weekend of August 20 and 21 ONLY. Other weekends are ATV only. If it goes well he may do it again once or twice next year.

Cost will be $20 per vehicle per day, no charge for passengers. On site primitive camping is $15 per night, but I don't know if that is per person or per site.

There is stuff for everybody. Although challenging, the main loop can be done without damage (except possible pin striping on wider rigs) by a stock vehicle. There are some fun hills for those who want a bit of a challenge. There are also hills that would require a locker, and some major ones that will probably require two locked axles and will only be done with a trail leader and a spotter. We will probably have a rig with a winch stationed there to winch you back up if you get stuck on the bottom (extremely steep down hill, immediately followed by an extremely steep up hill. I want to try it, but may end up wedged between my front bumper and rear trailer hitch at the bottom).

There is also a nice mud pit and some boulders to play on.

For those who like mud and water, there is a swamp you can attempt to cross. There may actually be a cash price for the first person to successfully do so.

For more information, check out http://doverdirttrails.com.