Number hours required to replace clutch and clutch slave cyl

Question for you guys.

How many hours does it typically take to drop the transmission and replace the clutch an clutch slave cylinder on a MJ?

A mechanic friend of mine is going to do it for me in his spare time, and he's not sure how many hours to estimate for me.

Good news is, he's only charging me $30/hr.

Thanks a bunch!

concrete floor vs dirt and beer .

:rotf:

It's 2WD, and he has all of the needed tools, and a concrete floor in his garage, although beer may be involved image_209027.gif

He's used to working on Ford and GM vehicles, doesn't work on Jeeps all that often.

I ordered the new clutch kit last night. Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be one of my own biggest customers on my discount auto parts site?

:doh:

Well , he won't have much issue with anything then . Nothing is tight to get at . The clutch install is simple , as is the slave cylinder . Biggest part of the whole job really is unbolting everything , and getting it back together . Make sure the bleed screw is loose on the new slave before you even install it . Mine was somehow siezed , snapped it right off first pull , after it was installed and ready to bleed :headpop: . Luckily got it to work using the old 23 yr parts :???:

Given your pulling the trans (I did the engine{replacement}) Your probably gonna have to let the shifter lever go . Even that should be easy when the trans is dropped a little . Just 4 bolts .

2 rubber grommets your gonna want to reinstall , the CPS and the slave bleed line holes, make sure they get cleaned and put back in .

Go easy on the suds too . Installing new parts gives one an urge to test them out once installed :thumbsup:

Almost forgot . Gonna be dirty inside the bellhousing . Have 2 , even 3 cans of brake cleaner , a small brush with a handle , something to absorb the mess and a good assortment of rags .