Help!! Starting issue.

'91 Comanche 4.0 156k miles AX15

I can't get it to run, it will hit, miss, & die. It has been sitting for a couple months, but i have done nothing under the hood & it ran fine before i parked it. It has a fresh battery & has been indoors the entire time.

:wrench:

Get a gauge and check your fuel pressure. If you don't have one dribble some gas into the TBI. I use a sprayer for that. T his will help determine if it is a fuel or ignition problem. Gas shouldn't have went bad in a couple months time to be causing the problem. Possible but not likely.

Get a gauge and check your fuel pressure. If you don't have one dribble some gas into the TBI. I use a sprayer for that. T his will help determine if it is a fuel or ignition problem. Gas shouldn't have went bad in a couple months time to be causing the problem. Possible but not likely.

Jim,

I believe you are correct, i siphoned the seven gallons remaining in the tank & oh boy was it nasty. I tried running some 93 through it, but that was only enough to get her back in the garage, so now i have the overwhelming joy of cleaning my fuel system...

~Dave