Heater core connection question.

I had some coolant soaked carpet on my 88 and I could see where it had been running down the firewall. Naturally I assumed it was the core. I wanted to be 100% sure before I gutted my interior that the core was the problem. I had no steam or smell of coolant so I pressure checked the core with a bicycle tube and my fuel pressure gauge. It held 15lbs for over 12 hours so I am going to assume it is good. But my problem is with the bottom pipe stubbed through the firewall. When I pulled the old hose off it was all mangled. It is bent and pretty much shaped like a triangle with rounded points. I'm sure this is the cause of my leak. What can I do to make sure I get a good seal with the hose? I don't want to damage the core by trying to make the end round again. I thought about some jb weld putty, but wasn't sure if would hold up to the heat cycles and coolant. Just kinda unsure of how to move forward. Maybe splice a new piece of pipe on it with a flare on the end? I don't know, what do you think I should do?

JB loves heat. A heater core or hose isn't going to bother it. Just make sure you let it cure, at least 24 hours if possible, before using. If you could reshape the tubing back to round would be better but like you said, there would be the danger of breaking the tube core joint.

Thanks for the info boss. Any other suggestions or tips?

I wish I could go get it done right now but the combination of taking care of my daughter all day and my wife being the manager of a Kay Jewelers around Valentines day means very little garage time. Oh well at least I got a garage. :yes: Have to be during nap time..