HO steering column shift replacement

Hi everybody,

I have picked up a nice 89 MJ, 4,0 renix, AW4, with column shift. Body is rust free, interior fine.

However engine is toast, engine harnes totally messed up. I would like to swap the entire 92 XJ HO engine with harness into it. Thats no prob for me.

However I would like to keep the column shift, the old column is toast. Does anybody sells a replacement column with shifter? Preferably new.

If I have no other options I will swap a XJ floorshift with XJ seats, however I would like to keep the bench if possible.

I am located in Europe, Czech republic, but I can buy whatever I need in US prette easily. The MJs are RARE here, only 7 registered in the whole country :)

Just a pic from the day I bought it:

202_DSCN5985_1.jpg

89 steering column in MJ's are GM columns. Should be some of them in the junk yards across the border in Germany left there by US service members over the years. Get one out of a 85 - 90 chevy, pontiac or buick. New after market steering wheels are readily available for them from US sources. Good luck with the MJ projeact. Hugh

thanks for the responses. The trailer is actually a bit short for the MJ, but it hauls the XJ pretty easily :)

I might not stated it clear, but I will probably need the HO chrysler column, as I will be swapping the entire harness (engine, dash and so) the previous owner really messed up all of it. As the renix and HO columns will be probably different.

thanks for the responses. The trailer is actually a bit short for the MJ, but it hauls the XJ pretty easily :)

I might not stated it clear, but I will probably need the HO chrysler column, as I will be swapping the entire harness (engine, dash and so) the previous owner really messed up all of it. As the renix and HO columns will be probably different.

I've wondered about this also until I looked at both. The only difference between an Ho and Renix column is the ignition cylinder. Other than that, they are identical.

Rob L.