so what tranny and xfer case do i have?

'87 comanche pioneer, 4wd,auto with the "power" button, overdrive, 2.5 motor. also, what vehicles can they be found on. i think i need to replace the tranny it won't shift above second and is leaking fluid like crazzy. it was suggested on here to check the tps and something else (i don't remember). i don't believe the 4 banger has a tps. if you have other opinions, please let me know. where the truck is sitting i don't have room to get under it right now to see where it's leeking.

'87 comanche pioneer, 4wd,auto with the "power" button, overdrive, 2.5 motor. also, what vehicles can they be found on. i think i need to replace the tranny it won't shift above second and is leaking fluid like crazzy. it was suggested on here to check the tps and something else (i don't remember). i don't believe the 4 banger has a tps. if you have other opinions, please let me know. where the truck is sitting i don't have room to get under it right now to see where it's leeking.

an '86 and newer 2.5 liter jeep is a throttle body injection...i.e. it has every sensor that a 4.0 would have of similar vintage. so yes, it has a TPS.

I believe you have a TF or TH904 transmission...though, 4 cyl cherokees of similar vintage equipped with automatic would have had a 4 cylinder specific aw4 (same trans as 4.0, but with a 4 cyl bellhousing and higher rpm stall converter). the fact that you have the power/comfort switch leads me to believe that this is the case. any 4.0/auto would have that trans and it would be compatible from '87-'95, but you would have to swap the bellhousing and probably buy a new torque converter.

-Pat

thanks. i was wondering about the tps because no parts stores here have one. does any one have a good one in their parts bin? does one for the 4.0 fit (i'm sure not but have to ask)? if i understand you correctly, you think it's the aw4 and i can find that on a cherokee with a 4 cyl. i was thinking i was kinda thinking it isa th but was not sure since they used more than 1 tranny.i want a bolt in and don't wante to modify anything, i just want to pop a tranny in if that's what it needs. swapping out the housing and torque converter is not a big deal. finding the tranny may be tuff.

i don't know what is wrong with it, it runs and drives great just won't shift out of second. it's been sitting for a couple months leaking fluid. i fillered her up and drover over to fill with some fresh gas and it wouldn't shift out of second. i will be parking it indoors and won't be using it until i get it figured out. it stinks since this is the prime time to use it for me. i need to put a new break master cylinder in as well. if i can get it on the road as soon as possible, that would be great.