i lucked out with some new parts!

boardmanMJ

so i was rooting through the junkyard today and what did i stumble upon? a 1986 MJ XLS 4X4!!

first things first; all the emblems except the one slanted COMANCHE which i grabbed. It had the tailights with the grooves painted silver or white I'm not sure. i tried to grab them but upon inspection, they were trash. there was an almost rust free tailgate but someone took the internals so i passed it up. factory fiberglass camper shell that someone smashed all the windows and broke the frame for it. rear chrome step bumper was rusted away and someone had already taken the bumper lights. stuff i did find though was pretty awesome!

the gauge cluster was the one with the speedo, the big fuel gauge, the AMC low gas light, and regular gauges. what was different was that there was no parking indicator but it was a column shift? mounted on the steering column right above the ignition was the park indicator! i was so exited when i found that! i grabbed the cluster and the indicator (and took a picture of it!)

i also found a cargo light with a switch that was intact!

and my most exciting find was a mint condition factory AMC blue black lit screen AM/FM radio.

i also stopped at another comanche on the yard and grabbed the tailights and some odds and ends.

By the way if anyone is looking for a solid bed and lived near cleveland, check out the pull a part west location on kirby ave. they just got in an 89 white shortbed with an imaculate bed and body. from what i could see there was only light surface rust right next ot where the rear fender flare starts on the driver side. I was going to get it but i didnt have the toold or time to grab it. there is also a step bumper on it but it is slightly dent but fixable. everything is really solid on the truck

here is a picture of the park indicator:

Josh

i can go back and grab that gate if youd like, I'm not really looking for a new gate since i have a few but what else you got to trade? i will also go grab the VINs off both of them. its also got decent chrome door handles that i was going to grab and i forgot.

Josh

yupp i got you the vents! i hope you didnt need the little rubber flaps under the vent...i didnt grab them but i have an extra set you can have if you need them. i can also grab/try to grab that bumper for you if youd like. i might go up tuesday morning to grab that gate for rob plus some mudflaps and a little wiring and the factory comanche bedliner. anyone else need some parts i can grab? just pay me the cost of the part and shipping if applicable!

Josh

yupp i got you the vents! i hope you didnt need the little rubber flaps under the vent...i didnt grab them but i have an extra set you can have if you need them. i can also grab/try to grab that bumper for you if youd like. i might go up tuesday morning to grab that gate for rob plus some mudflaps and a little wiring and the factory comanche bedliner. anyone else need some parts i can grab? just pay me the cost of the part and shipping if applicable!

Josh

I was just kidding. I just wanted you to realize that passing up a rust free tailgate just because the insides were gone is a bad reason to pass up a perfect gate. I'll put the insides from a rusted out junk gate in a clean one all day, than deal with a whole rusty tailgate.

Rob L. 8)