Noob in need of advice

hello! my names jason, Just brought my project Comanche home, Noob for sure, have tons of questions...

88' Jeep Comanche, 8" long arm, on 35" BFG KM2's

bilstein shocks front and rear, Steele Braided brake lines

upgraded Aluminum radiator with 3 electric fans

k&n intake, flow master exhaust, Tom Woods driveline

Slip yoke eliminator, Pugeot Tranny ugh, Cherokee Console

stock front and rear axles gettin yanked soon though.

open difs, and stock gears, kinda sluggish at the moment, just don't want to dump any money into these axles so will wait and gear and locker the next set, prolly d60 rear and d44 front, or d60 front and rear

i swapped the mirrors from a newer Cherokee, looks and function for 14$ at the pullapart, gauge cluster also from newer Cherokee all gauges work so far.

well here she is any advice is welcome

oh yeah i also cleaned all the black trim and painted the tail lights gave her that bling factor.

LOvin her so far instant Comanche fan.. I've got some plans at the moment but could use some advice. Want to get rid of the pugeot tranny and axles, but what is a good set up to replace these with? I thought d60 front and rear but what tranny would be a good strong match, truck is light daily driver but will eventually be a trailer rig, want to cage it and really do some cool things to make it as bullet proof as possible, strength and durability in mind, Please advise

Did you pick this up from Seattle craigslist? i recognize it! If this is the one i've been eyeing this for a while, its been on CL for... oh months now.

Good find!

No i found it near my cousins house in everett, near seattle, I think the kid had it on CL he was askin a little much, but got him down to a reasonable price we could both live with, came with all reciepts for recent upgrades, those alone far exceeded what i paid, The kid just bought a house and needed to recoop his down payment... What was it going for on CL?

If it were mine I'd throw a set of 8.8s off a ford on it at a minimum, those tires are gonna break your current stock axles if you actually wheel it. Dana 60s are nice if you can find em for a decent price, but the 8.8s are a nice alternative and can get ya discs in the back too. As for the tranny, throw an AX15 in there out of a newer MJ/YJ/XJ/TJ etc. From there you can either stick with your current transfer case or if you have the cash and want a real solid rig, throw an Atlas II in there. Beefy as $#!& and gives you more gearing options than you'll know what to do with.

If it were mine I'd throw a set of 8.8s off a ford on it at a minimum, those tires are gonna break your current stock axles if you actually wheel it. Dana 60s are nice if you can find em for a decent price, but the 8.8s are a nice alternative and can get ya discs in the back too. As for the tranny, throw an AX15 in there out of a newer MJ/YJ/XJ/TJ etc. From there you can either stick with your current transfer case or if you have the cash and want a real solid rig, throw an Atlas II in there. Beefy as $#!& and gives you more gearing options than you'll know what to do with.

plan is to have an Ls1 swap by june, don't know much about 8.8s, not really in any rush, but i hear good things bout the d60s..they can handle the extra power from a v8...