See if anyone can Guess this Axle.. (AKA Mighty-Mite Thread)

jpnjim

Fellas, here is a link to the video of the engine running. It is very quiet so turn up the sound. It sounds much like a VW. It is completely waterproof.

Thanks Bill!

Awesome little engine, I was smiling the whole time the video was running. :cheers:

Thanks for posting it up. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jim. The very next day after that video, my daughter and I jumped in the Mite to take off for the day. We made it three blocks! All it would do was idle. After a number of troubleshooting tricks I found the wires inside distributor were all shot and brittle. So I rewired the whole distributor, put new points, condenser and it runs like a top!

Wow,

guess the heat finally got to the wires.

Not bad for 50 year old insulation.

You must be a pretty good hand to find an oddball issue like that so fast. :cheers:

Either way, the MM sounds like the perfect "ice cream run" vehicle,

as long as you don't mind answering 1000 questions at every stop. :thumbsup:

Before my present job I was a mechanic for 19 years. I was a Cummins diesel guy and specialized in the "B" Series like what is in the Dodge and the "K" Series ( massive mining type engine) but gas engines are really no different. They all need specific things to run. Take any one of them away or alter it and you get nothing. I had good fuel PSI from the pump so I first thought of carburetor and pulled it, completely disassembled it and found nothing wrong. The only other thing could be timing/ignition. I figured the distributor drive gear sheered the roll pin (they are rather cheesy) but when I pulled the distributor the roll pin was intact. I pulled the top housing from the distributor and saw that the wires were losing their insulation. I pulled it all apart, rewired it and rolled on! I think ultimately the condenser was the culprit. He He He!!!