Dog Adoption

terrawombat

Well, my new pup is home. A one year old siberian husky named Zeke. He's beautiful - one of the best husky specimens I have ever landed eyes on and I'm not just saying that because he's mine. He really is an amazing specimen - striking blue eyes, great coloring on the face, and an amazing coat. He's a bit on the large size for a husky and I don't think he would qualify as a show dog because of his size. Not that I care anyways since I don't plan on showing him.

Been keeping a very watchful eye on him as I do not want him to escape. He was very curious of his new surroundings and wanted to take off after every bunny and squirrel he saw. He is not yet neutered and is displaying signs of dominance - going to be taking him to the vet ASAP to get his cojones loped off, but I want to make sure he's comfortable in his new home and happy before I take him to the evil vet. He seems to be adjusting extremely well to his new home and after a 30 minute romp-around with my room mates dog in my parents fenced in crop area, he is wasting no time getting adjusted.

The exchange between myself and the previous owner was extremely heart-wrenching. She was in tears the whole time and her three young children were balling their eyes out too. I really felt like the bad guy in the situation and I really didn't know how to make it any better for anyone other than to assure them Zeke was going to a loving home. The previous owner really rushed the whole process because she just couldn't stand to see him leave and it was so hard for her to say goodbye that she just wanted it to be over ASAP. She also got rid of her other pup, a Yorkie, while I was there. I felt so bad for her, but told her I will be providing her with constant updates on Zeke's well being. Although, in the mad rush, she forgot to give me his antibiotics that he needs for the porcupine attack. I will be trying to find a source to get those tomorrow, but it's going to be real tough with the Memorial Day holiday. The PO is over 3 hours from me and I don't know if I can do another 6 hour round trip again, tomorrow.