Sneaky Trial Ride reveals some problems.

Of course with the limited cash flow I tend to check and recheck before commiting to anything. Like insurance, registration, etc. So last night I snuck the MJ out to the back roads. This revealed that it tries to shift right but I still have some things to connect correctly on the wiring. :mad: What was that link that had the wiring diagrams?? :help: I didn't take her too fast because another problem showed itself. :mad: At about 35 mph it gets a bad vibration. Looks like I need to get this driveshaft balanced first thing. I'll get it there though. :ack:

Well today after work I put her @$$ end up in the air on blocks and cranked her up and put it in drive. Took the speedometer to 65 mph. It shifted fine up to 3rd gear. Didn't want to hold it to see if the OD kicked in. Pretty much I would think that would eliminate the sway bar. Pulled both wheels and still had the vibration. So I left it in gear and watched the driveshaft. (Don't know how those dogs chase and bite tires, I was scared and I knew it wasn't going anywhere. LOL.) It appears to be rollng smooth at both ends but there is a noticable out of round wobble in the middle maybe a little more to the front. Like the whole thing is slightly bent. It came from the JY and I've seen that they carry the vehicles to the yard after the fluid and catalytic converter removal with a big forklift. Most likely that is when it got bent. Fortunately it came from U-Pull-It and they give a 6 month warranty and I'm sure I saved that receipt. I called a few places to see what a balance would cost, only one place I could find and they wanted over $100.00. :rant: The driveshaft itself was only 34.95. So I'll be taking it back and hope I can find another one. But I'm going to keep the new U-joints and put the old ones back in it. But how would I check the sway bar when I put it all back together again?? :hmm: