rollbar lights?

does anyone have a diagram to install them or know how to do it the easiest way? i have a factory switch to put in the dash and just need to know how to run all the wiring. i am not sure if it would need a fuse or just straight wire them somehow. thanks for the help in advance.

Alex

youll definalty need a relay. how many lights are u wanting to run?

This is the right way to wire a set of fog lights. The relay switches the heavy current to the fog lights with big wire, while the dashboard switch wiring can be very small. This keeps high current and large wires out from under the dash and in the engine compartment where they belong. A typical set of 55 watt lights will draw about 8 amps for the pair. The dash switch will pull only about 0.3 amps to operate the relay.

Be sure to run extra ground wires from the fog lights themselves. Don't depend on the cheap spring or case ground to work. Take the light apart if necessary, and add a real ground wire. Run these to the frame somewhere handy. This will keep the lights from being intermittent.

This diagram shows the wiring using a Bosch relay. These are found just about everywhere.

foglite.jpg

likely they're h3 bulbs, in which case they're 55watts a piece normally. There are some 100W variants, but if they're walmart cheapies or something they'll be 55.

I'd reccomend running a relay, with a 12Ga or even 10 Ga wire from the battery to the relay and from the relay to the lights. much lighter gauge wire can be used from the switch to the relay. Something like 14 or 16 ga would be adequate.

The longer the wire the heavier the guage should be to compensate for the resistance, hence my suggestion for 10 ga, that and you know you'll add more lights at some time, so the heaview wire will save you the work of running it twice.