t-case shifter rod question

That's a ball and socket type connection and its a freakin' bugger to get back together while on your back!!! Put it on the bench and its only difficult... I spent a couple hours and beers as well as walking away from it twice before getting mine back together after my shifter mods last fall.....

How did you hurt your Tcase?

CW

That's a ball and socket type connection and its a freakin' bugger to get back together while on your back!!! Put it on the bench and its only difficult... I spent a couple hours and beers as well as walking away from it twice before getting mine back together after my shifter mods last fall.....

How did you hurt your Tcase?

CW

well we went wheeling and thers this run off pond we go in its only 3' deep but the sides are 35' in a steep angle we climb them well i grew a big set and went down over the steepest end and my t-case skid plate and tranny brace drug pretty hard 4x4 workd great until i took it out when we were on our way home i tried it today and no light and no 4x4

its not the ball and socket part that came out it was the rod that slides in the bracket on the trans tunnel the whole rod is crooked and out of its hole. i will get a pict I'm gonna head downa nd try to get it back in.

OK I know what you mean, that's too adjust the linkage... Don't assume its broken, its quite likely just out of adjustment...

Its easier to adjust than fix the ball socket doodad. Get it checked out and properly adjusted and I'll bet it works again..

That light only tells me its not in 4X4 as you may think it is...

CW

i got it fixed i popped the rod out of the socked and put the pivot assy back in place and used channel locks to push the rod back in the socket.

the problem was the actual pivot assy was put of the chassis mount /holder thing