I wanna diesel MJ

i would stay away from the tdi and benz motors, unless you want to remortage your house when it breaks down..

First, you only need 12v to the starter and fuel to make the Mercedes OM617 5 cylinder run. Second, for as long as the inline 4.0 will run in it's lifetime for kilometres, these OM617's will run for miles.....500-700-900k miles is very COMMON for these engine.

Parts are not hard to source, and not as expensive as you think.

Check this out:

http://www.dieselbombers.com/diesel-eng ... rsion.html

I think I may be looking at the OM617 again... I hadn't as of yet, found someone who had sucessfully mounted an AX-15 behind the benz.

I want to hit myself, it was only a couple of months ago that I went to look at a good-running old benz with that 5 banger for $400. I decided I didnt want it, because the body was shot (at the time I was looking for a cheap driver, the MJ hadnt changed my life yet :D )

Wouldve been perfect, except the fact that I'm stuck in suburbia, where theyll probably arrest you for starting engine swaps in the driveway... Minor details though :thumbsup:

There are lots around. Look at www.mercedesshop.com in the forum for info on these engines, but don't tell the purists that you are planning a swap. lol Make sure you check the "diesel" section....all the oil burner gurus are there.

Look in there for "swap + jeep"....you'll find a YJ, and also a Landrover. :D