My rig

Hey guys, I have a 1990 jeep comanche. It is completely stock (that i know of) I believe it is a sport truck style. It has a i-6 4.0 and has a little over 104k miles on it. The body is in pretty bad condition ( i will post pics when i take some ^_^) I'm PRETTY sure its the 120" wheelbase but I'm not positive thats even the right measurement lol. What i would like to know is what i can do with it with and extremly low budget. maybe a part at a time kind of thing max of $1000 dollars a peice ^_^ (which i will be saving for) I prett much want to make this truck a sweet offroader and also my daily driver. and help would be awesome!

[EDIT] Also i was thinking about an external rollcage and thoughts on that?

Welcome to the group. Your MJ is a shortbed (113" WB) if that cap your selling came off of it....bed is 75" long, give or take.

I'd start spending on the essentials first if your gonna wheel it, stuff like recovery points front and rear, and some protection (skid plates, etc.) I'm assuming yours is already 4WD, but if not, you can convert it for about 1/2 your budget, depending on your parts source.

Jeff

XJ/MJ's are unibody construction, meaning they don't have full frames like other 4X vehicles. You need to attach recovery points to hook to in case you get stuck, like tow hooks (with the proper bracketry) in the front/rear, or better yet receiver-type hitches on both ends. Basically, XJ/MJ's don't have anywhere that's safe/strong enough to attach a recovery strap to in stock form :(

Sorry about the lingo.

Jeff