Spray-on bedliner coated wheels?

JohnQ

Has anyone ever painted wheels with spray-on bedliner? I've seen a picture where a guy painted his rims with DUPLICOLOR bedliner.

I have a set of JK rubicon rims that I am thinking about painting with some bedliner.

Do you guy's think there would be any balance issues?

Youd definately need to have them balanced afterwards (though if there arent tires mounted you will have to do that anyway). I do foresee future issues with it though, the do-it-yourself jobs tend to flake over time, and thats gonna throw off your balance. If I were gonna do it, I'd consider getting a pro job done (line-x, rhinoline, etc.)

However JKs use a different boltpattern so they arent gonna fit fit up to a stock mj hub... I'm assuming these wheels are destined for the mj?

However JKs use a different boltpattern so they arent gonna fit fit up to a stock mj hub... I'm assuming these wheels are destined for the mj?

One of the wheels has some light scratches on it, so I need to paint them. I seen a picture of a guy with a tacoma that painted his rims. I think they would look good.

I haven't decided what to do with the rims yet. I had them listed on craigslist but nobody wanted them. I already have Rubicon rims and tires on my MJ. If I wanted to use the JK rims I can get a set of spacers/adapters from JKS.

I bet they would look good on my comanche, they look pretty good on this XJ.

i don't see an issue. just prep them properly. i've used it before and i just respray when needed. i've had pretty good luck with herculiner. i even have a set of old steel wheels that came on the mj that might get sprayed that way.

if you want to paint them, use a good quality paint like krylon, prep them, spray them, then set them in the sun to bake. that works great. my current wheels are done this way and i haven't had to do any respraying in 1 1/2 years. if i do, i just keep a can of the paint around.

i'd go for it. :thumbsup: