Factory Fog light wiring

on my MJ, it has a roll bar and fog lights that would appear to be factory but I'm not sure. The fog lights were working when I got it but now they aren't (as well as my interior lights).

I'm troubleshooting my fog lights and can't seem to get things sorted out, I don't have any documentation. There is a blue wire running from the fuse panel (near the clutch) that runs to the switch on the dash. coming out of the switch in the dash is a green wire that has a male blade type plugs. When I flip on the switch, there is power reading on the green wire. It looks like it could plug right into an empty slot in the fuse panel. There is a red wire that appears to be going from the fuse panel back to the fog lights.

There is also a gray wire running in the same direction but I am unsure what it is for. These wires look like something someone might rig up but i am not sure. Anyone have any insight? I took a couple of pictures but taking them underneath there, none of them really turned out that well. I don't think you can tell anything from looking at them.

Should i just remove all those wires and re-wire everything using a relay? i don't see a relay but am not sure if there is some kind of relay built into the fuse box with the way the wires are running etc.

thanks in advance,

Chris

If you do not know how something is wired, you have to trace out the wires using a continuity checker or meter. It sounds like someone picked up a hot wire from your interior lights circuit and used it to power the fogs thru a separate switch and it possibly blew a fuse. W/o tracing out the wires you can't know. I don't trust anyone's wiring, including the factory. Suggest you start from scratch and wire the fogs up correctly through a relay.