need an answer asap-will wheels from a dakota fit an mj?

i just got a call from a guy that has a new set of tires on a dodge dakota (wrecked) he bought. he will sell me the tires or for $50 more, the wheels with them. if they will fit with no issue, that means i don't have to pay to have them mounted. i believe 90 and earlier were 5 on 4.5 then they went to 6 on 4.5. the mj is 5 on 4.5 right? will they have the same offset or very similar? if i take them can i just bolt them right up or do i have to have the switched over to the jeep wheels?

i'm going out to see them soon.

I have never seen a Dakota with anything but a 6 on 4.5 or a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, but I am not familiar with the older ones. What year is the truck you are talking about?

EDIT: I just found a spec sheet on them. The '87 - '90 did use a 5 on 4.5 pattern. '91 - '04 were 6 on 4.5, the the '05 to current are 5 on 5.5 .

it's an 87. i looked at them and they are actually 16" with a 5 on 4.5 pattern. i think they will work fine. it's such a great deal i just can't pass it up. if it's not going to work i'll just resell them at a profit.

so i'll have an mj with 225 16's, should be cool. :chillin: