My 89 MJ Build

man what is with that supper jack? what is that? i don't think ive ever seen one right on jamminz.gif

Brandon

That would be a hi-lift jack ;)

I never go wheeling without one. That thing has saved my butt in a few situations. Can also be used as a winch... one click at a time, lol.

http://www.hi-lift.com/index.html

Got to be careful with them though, they are as dangerous as they are handy!

• 2 months later...

The front gears are FINALLY on the way! It will sure be nice to get my 4wd back in time for winter! :jump:

Other than that, I am getting ready to go through a "to do list" for the MJ, but unlike my normal off-road modifications, I am actually going the other way, making it more road friendly and reliable. The reason for this is I plan to relocate to Colorado in a few months, and am going to be pulling my camper cross country with it :D

Here is my basic list:

-Change ALL fluids and filters. I will even be changing the PS and brake fluids!

-Replace front gears... FINALLY1 I'll be needing them out there!

-Replace rear shocks and add mounts so I can bolt in a more stock location (currently they are inverted for more travel, but this causes more sway)

-Check ALL joints, bushings, bearings and seals, replace as needed.

-Add extra bracing to rear bumper to make me feel better towing ~4k lbs. I built it strong, but I like overkill!

-Replace stock trans cooler with aftermarket HD unit

-Install trans temp gauge and "autostick" like trans shifter.

-Turn old trans cooler into power steering cooler.

-Wire in trailer brake controller

-Upgrade brake booster/MC to 96 dual diaphragm.

-Change to bucket seats if budget and time allows.

I have already replaced the 35" swampers with a set of non-aggressive 33" ATs. I must say this is the first time I have ever gone down in tire size! The ride is soooo much more road friendly, and it has much more power with the 33s and 4.56s. That should help a lot with the pulling!

I will post updates as I tackle the list, and I'm sure I will find more to add as I go!

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on the list! I haven't taken many pics yet, but I'll get some up soon.

Here is my basic list:

-Change ALL fluids and filters. I will even be changing the PS and brake fluids!

DONE-Replace front gears... FINALLY1 I'll be needing them out there!

DONE-Replace rear shocks and add mounts so I can bolt in a more stock location (currently they are inverted for more travel, but this causes more sway)

DONE-Check ALL joints, bushings, bearings and seals, replace as needed.

-Add extra bracing to rear bumper to make me feel better towing ~4k lbs. I built it strong, but I like overkill!

-Replace stock trans cooler with aftermarket HD unit

-Install trans temp gauge and "autostick" like trans shifter.

-Turn old trans cooler into power steering cooler.

-Wire in trailer brake controller

-Upgrade brake booster/MC to 96 dual diaphragm.

-Change to bucket seats if budget and time allows.

DONE-switch to 33" AT's for more power and better mileage

Haven't added to the list... but I'm sure it will happen.