Performance radiator for a 4cyl?

could you just switch to a 4.0 rad and xmember? should work fine, give you a bigger cooling area too. I have been wondering this, all you would need is to find a hose that would work as needed, and I have a feeling even then the 4.0 upper and lower hoses might be ok. Especially since new ones from the parts store are generally on the long side so they can be trimmed. It would also open up some room between the front fo the block and the radiator for some electric fans.

could you just switch to a 4.0 rad and xmember? should work fine, give you a bigger cooling area too. I have been wondering this, all you would need is to find a hose that would work as needed, and I have a feeling even then the 4.0 upper and lower hoses might be ok. Especially since new ones from the parts store are generally on the long side so they can be trimmed. It would also open up some room between the front fo the block and the radiator for some electric fans.

I have a 2 core radiator out of a 00, it will bolt into my 88 4cyl.

The reason I am asking is because the 4 cyl radiator sits back further leaving more room for me to install my intercooler in front of radiator.

I may not have enough clearance to install a intercooler in front of both the ac condensor and radiator and still have it sit behind the header panel.