Alternator testing question. and it's now fixed.

So.

Basicly my alternator isn't charging the battery. I have no suspicions as why it would have broke, I'm heading toward something else after a night's sleep.

I've been touching a couple of cables after my crank sensor failure. The truck have been sitting for a months before i got time to fix it. it starts but the alternator isn't doing his job now.

Now, look at the underlined text in the following:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I'm getting voltage from the "L" terminal when the key is turned (motor not running) but I'm not getting any voltage in the "I" pin. (or is it the other way around.

Anyway. is it normal to get power from only 1 of those terminals? Where does the non working teminal leads? Where do they actually both leads to?

I suspect fuses but I'm not sure, and I can't be sure. the fuse box is all messed up.

I' may be able to fix airplanes and engines but I know sh*t about electricity. :roll:

It's -20 celcius outside and it's not fun to fix things. next house will have a garage.

Thanks a lot. if you need pictures i'll provide. I'm off outside again, trying not to get frozen to death.

jamminz.gif

jamminz.gif

I am the best!

and I learned something today! jamminz.gif

Well use this thread for you information purposes.

It was the fuse box the problem. The 7.5 Fuse called "instrument panel" had a broken socket (in the fuse box)

So I learned that "instrument panel" fuse actually also control the alternator charging capabilities. It it wired to the voltage indicator in the dash board (which I don't have, obviously). So if this circuit is broken, even though you don't have a voltmeter in your dash, will stop the alternator charging. :thumbsup:

Thanks to BLHTAZ for the comanche manual he made aviable for us.