overheating problem

ok i can drive my truck at around 80 mph or so and it runs perfect no problem at all it idles pefect and everything but just the othe rnight i was coming home and when i got home i knew something was wrong it was overheating pretty bad and i didnt know what was wrong i know its not circulating because i have no heat inside the cab and i took my rad off and no holes no leaks checled all lines and replaced the thermostat what i am wanting to know is i can still drive the truck but like 13 miles is the farthest i drove it and it overheats it didnt overheat too bad last time i drove it that far and if i had a cracked head or blown head gasket would it still run perfect like that my oil psi is the exact same at fisrt start up i get about 60 psi and at idle i get 45 and thats how its been ever since i owned the truck its a 2.5L 2wd 86 4 cylinder and there was no water in my oil when i checked or nothing so i have no idea no coolent is leaking and i am just out of answers other than the water pump which i have not replaced on the truck but it boiled over last night into the overflow and I'm pretty sure its an open system when i pulled the thermostat out it had coolent in the motor it all ran out so any ideas or anything i am just a hurry to get them you can call me i don't care lol -765-309-2132 or email me at atvmaniac91@hotmail.com because i don't usually check in on this site but i should I'm not sure how my day will go so just get ahold of me any way you can thanks cody :wall:

I had a similar prob afew months back. Mine was smokin. Replaced thermostat, battery & altenator(it needed that). Still when I cut it off I noticed a hissing sound. Alot of people said that it may be a cracked head gasket. I replaced the coolant jug and the coolant jug lid and the hissing stopped. Sometimes since the coolant system is pressurized and these trucks are 20 + years old these things happen. My advice start with the cheapest fix and go from there. Atleast then you have alot of new parts that in time would have need to be replaced.