2.5L Heat?

Just a quick question for those with the 2.5L. Has anyone ever had trouble keeping the engine warm in cold temps? I took the Jeep to the mountains today, and it was fairly cold - I'd say at least in the single digits most of the drive. If I kept her in 3rd gear with the revs around 3500, the engine would warm up and stay around 200 - 210 on the gauge, as I normally see. However, if I were to drop a gear and run closer to 2000 - 2500 revs, the temperature would slowly drop, to the point where the heat in my cab wouldn't work.

I've replaced the thermostat and temp sending unit this summer. Is this any indication of a problem with my truck, or is this normal? It's a 2.5/AX5 from an '86. Thanks.

Just a quick question for those with the 2.5L. Has anyone ever had trouble keeping the engine warm in cold temps? I took the Jeep to the mountains today, and it was fairly cold - I'd say at least in the single digits most of the drive. If I kept her in 3rd gear with the revs around 3500, the engine would warm up and stay around 200 - 210 on the gauge, as I normally see. However, if I were to drop a gear and run closer to 2000 - 2500 revs, the temperature would slowly drop, to the point where the heat in my cab wouldn't work.

I've replaced the thermostat and temp sending unit this summer. Is this any indication of a problem with my truck, or is this normal? It's a 2.5/AX5 from an '86. Thanks.