Sagging Doors

Here's an easy fix for doors when the hinge holes become oval shaped & doors slop around. Do to the limited space to work with I just pulled my doors off, about 20 mins each door. I then hammered the old pins out & ran a 17/64 drill bit through all the holes. That returned them to a near circular condition. A 9/32 would have made them complete circular but I didn't have a pin/bolt that size on hand and neither did the hardware store. But, I discovered that their nail bin had 6 1/2" spikes with a .260" dia . They fit the bored out hinge just fine when cut to length. Cost 0.10cents. Door lines up with striker and closes with ease now.

Here's an easy fix for doors when the hinge holes become oval shaped & doors slop around. Do to the limited space to work with I just pulled my doors off, about 20 mins each door. I then hammered the old pins out & ran a 17/64 drill bit through all the holes. That returned them to a near circular condition. A 9/32 would have made them complete circular but I didn't have a pin/bolt that size on hand and neither did the hardware store. But, I discovered that their nail bin had 6 1/2" spikes with a .260" dia . They fit the bored out hinge just fine when cut to length. Cost 0.10cents. Door lines up with striker and closes with ease now.

Don't know if you have the Tractor Supply chain out there, but they have these pins in case hardened steel.

I took lack of hardness of the spike into consideration. But I figure they will be really easy to pop out when they show wear. With the big head and having cut em a 1/4 inch longer a tap with a hammer & vise grips should make the next pull out easy. Used lots of never-seez also. I'll check on-em in a year or two. ;)