The dreaded BA10/5...

Ok so I just got an 88 Manche and I picked it up for cheap due to clutch issues and I've started working on the issues but now I'm having an issue with the transmission. When I got it it shifted fine but I had to take it the transmission out to change out the slave cylinder and now it will not shift. It's in neutral and will not shift into any gear. I'm no transmission tech but I've dealt with a few in the past and normally even if the transmission has a bad synchro or even if its blown it will still shift into other gears, so my question why is it not going into any gear? I need to this transmission to get me by till I can get a AX15 in a few months.

Does it not shift running, off or neither.  And I'd second the bleeding process...the master must be FULL.  I had a small leak and the level in the master dropped about 1/2 "...leading to shifting problems.  I'd turn it off, shift it in to 2nd and limp home.  If the clutch isn't disengaging you CAN (or should be able to) shift even without a clutch to get it home with a little finesse.

I'm going to assume that when you dropped the transmission to change the clutch, you first removed the shifter from inside the cab so you wouldn't have to "feed" the shift handle through the hole in the floor. If so -- are you sure you reinstalled the shifter with the little ball at the bottom properly engaging the shift rods in the tranny? My guess is that the shifter isn't engaging the mechanism properly.