runnin but gotta tweak a few things

so the comanche is runnin but when i take off or when i turn i can hear a grinding noise almost like a broken CV axle but i have the solid dummy axle in the front. i added some trans fluid to the trans before i closed the shop today and the grindin noise died down some but it's still there, any ideas? it sounds more like the engine area rather than the trans. also my parking brake slipped this mornin and now it just doesn't work all that well, it holds half way now how do i fix that? i'm sure i still have some vaccum leaks somewhere and i'll be lookin for those and i know i have an exhaust leak and where it's commin from (it's commin from the emission pipes off of the exhaust manifolds) what's the best sealent you've found that works with extreme heats?

Redwolf

If adding fluid to the trans silenced some of the noise, it's a pretty sure bet it IS the transmission. As far as the e-brake, go to either the left or right rear drum, look for the larger tube going to it (not the brake line) and trace it up to a junction where it meets the other line. Looks like a T, adjust the nut at the end of the T to increase or decrease tension on the lines. 

As far as sealants, go with High temp RTV meant for oil applications.  I think it's rated for somewhere near 600 degrees Fahrenheit and isn't affected by oil. 

If adding fluid to the trans silenced some of the noise, it's a pretty sure bet it IS the transmission. As far as the e-brake, go to either the left or right rear drum, look for the larger tube going to it (not the brake line) and trace it up to a junction where it meets the other line. Looks like a T, adjust the nut at the end of the T to increase or decrease tension on the lines. 

As far as sealants, go with High temp RTV meant for oil applications.  I think it's rated for somewhere near 600 degrees Fahrenheit and isn't affected by oil. 

alright, i'll check it agian tomorrow at work (more convenient) as far as the e brake, i'll probably get to it this weekend when i'm off, i aint too concerned bout it since i have a 5 speed but it's gotta work,

Redwolf