Oops, what did I do now...

WE NOW HAVE RUNNING JEEP :jump: Replacement ECM went in and IT had the same whine so I changed the fuse links for good measure, no help, changed the negative battery cable (it needed to be changed), ditto, stood there scratching a hole in me head :hmm: and I glanced at the firewall :eek: .....tell me it ain't THIS simple :dunce: The braided ground strap from the block to the firewall is what burned in two (it was on it's last leg anyway and I had to look closer to see the break). New ground wire put on and fuel pump grunted with the turn of the key :banana: fired right up :clapping: I sure am glad I didn't have to tear anything else down for this.

Thanks for everyones input on this _____ thing I did (stupid, dumb, klutzy, butterfingered, :dunno: brain cramp, you fill in the blank ;) ) :D

:cheers: Excellent!!! Glad to hear it is running again. I think the thing I fear most on any vehicle is electrical problems.

Yea, especially the one not easily seen (under carpet, inside someplace where you can't get to) :headpop:

• 2 weeks later...
I think the thing I fear most on any vehicle is electrical problems.

Here we go again :mad: but THIS time it wasn't a dumb thumb (I hope). Had it up and running after fixing another vacuum line leak, just finished running a can of SeaFoam through it (it's getting smoother and smoother). It coughed/skipped once and poof :eek: , white smoke started boiling up from the passenger side of the engine. Immediate shutdown and positive cable off the battery. After checking to make sure nothing was on fire I found the positive cable burnt in two at the motor mount under the alternator. It seems that the cable insulation was a bit gummy/gooey under there. New positive cable (routed away from the engine) and an additional ground from battery to the fender on now but all it does now it click, jumping the battery post on the solenoid to the starter engage terminal or with the key the click is coming from the starter. I don't know if it will run (was running though) because my yard is flat and no where to roll start it. I hope the starter isn't fried, gotta take it off anyway to check it though. I'll let yall know. I did learn a valuable lesson here: just because what you CAN SEE looks to be good doesn't mean it is (part you CAN'T SEE).

Not gonna blame SeaFoam (coincidence) because the thing was running better than it ever had to date jamminz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, a day or two late and a dollar short :brows: Positive cable end at the starter wasn't making a good connection, I replaced it and we're off to the races again jamminz.gif Now to just get some reliable motor monitors (gauges) as well as insurance and a tag comanche.gif