Corbeau Moab Seats in the MJ

Rather than try to find used MJ or 2D XJ buckets, I just bought a pair of (virtually) new seats for the BajaRig. These seats seemed like a good deal (especially at $200 for the pair). Corbeau designed them specifically with the Jeep in mind (though not the MJ of course :brows: ) and they are readily adaptable to 3, 4 or 5 point seat belts. They fold forward, and have the sliders.

Unfortunately, Corbeau wants $90@ for the "adapters" to fit the MJ/XJ.

Has anyone fit these seats into the MJ? Without having pulled my stock seats, it seems that I should be able to remove them from the floor brackets, and bolt or spot weld the Corbeau sliders onto the brackets.

If not, does anyone have a pic of the Corbeau adapter so I can fab a copy?

I have the BAJA SS in my TJ. I spent the cash of the adapters, but found I hated the way they positioned you. I sent them back and made my own. I have been deliberating putting the fact TJ buckets in the MJ. I also need to figure a way to make something work.

Here is some pix of the TJ bases I made. maybe it will give you some ideas!!

This was factory, with the adapters:

Here is a finished shot of my bases:

Here is a bunch of shots as I made the bases.

Hope it gives you some ideas....

CW

Wow! Thanks for all the input!

I'm just about ready to pull the stock buckets, and wondering why I shouldn't just fab a couple of 20" square plates of 3/16th mild steel or aluminium that would bolt to the stock floor brackets on the bottom, and to the sliders on the seats. As I see it, the only reason the seats won't bolt to the brackets is the the brackets are ~6" narrower than the sliders (though I haven't yet measured to be sure). It seems that the seat height wouldn't change that much.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the link. The poster was using the XJ factory sliders (as it appears that the Baja SS seats do not have them).

So I'm thinking that I can simplify things a bit by eliminating the factory MJ sliders, and simply fabbing a way to attach the Corbeau sliders to the MJ floor brackets.

But it wouldn't appear to matter whether I used angle or a flat plate, would it?