The getting old but new to me '86 2.8 to 4.0 swap

I know it's been done many times before, but I'm starting a thread partially for input when I get stuck and also to keep motivation up when spirits get low. I recently acquired an '86 comanche with the 2.8 v6 in it. But for some reason it's not the stock 2.8, that's sitting in the bed wasted away by the weather. What's sitting under the hood, from what I'm told, is from a s10. Certain vacuum lines aren't hooked up and it's quite weak. I'm not a fan of carbureted motors anyways for off-road purposes, and love the 4.0 HO motors. Spent all weekend this last weekend doing parts runs and just bought a '96 4.0 and ax15 with a NP231 Tcase. Waiting for the ECM and wire harness to arrive in the mail (special thanks to Frank Cote sending from all the way across the country) for some reason no salvage yard in the Pacific North West can not seem to get a cherokee with a standard transmission and I was about to chance the auto ECM until I ran across Frank. The swap hasn't started yet, I'd like to find someone to buy the old drive train (2.8 w/ aw5 transmission and 207 Tcase) and the garage space is being used up until my boyfriend finishes his motor swap in his suzuki samauri. Until then, I'll probably start disconnecting the 2.8, clean up my new drive train, and study other forums that've been made. Luckily, the motor I bought came from someone who seems to really take care of his stuff and I don't feel obligated to change out any gaskets. A basic tune up will suffice.

When I finish the swap I also plan to do some body work along with bobbing the bed.

Anyways, I hope to hear input along the way. I'm no mechanic and definitely rusty with my welding skills. This won't be a quick and short swap for me, and going to be a big learning process. I'm open for friendly criticism and suggestions. Here's what she looks like currently.

DSCN0071.JPG

DSCN0070.JPG

IMG_0132[1].jpg