shortbed vs. longbed drive shaft lengths

Are the drive shaft different lengths for the shortbed 4x4 and long bed 4x4 comanche? I went looking online for one (I have a longbed 4.0 with manual trans) and just got confused. The two lengths are 113" and 120". Which one do I need? Also does it matter if it's from a 2wd or 4wd? The same lengths seem to be listed for both 2wd and 4wd. Does the spicer axle matter (the list also give axle options)? I'm assuming different teeth counts on the driveshaft inputs? - Thanks in Advance.

There are different driveshaft lengths for both short (113") and long (120") bed lenghts, as well as different lengths for 2WD and 4WD as well. All of the driveshafts, regardless of length, connect via a U-joint, to a slip yoke in the front which has the splines to mate with the tranny (2WD) or transfercase (4WD). There are no splines on the driveshaft itself. The rear axles all have a different pinion length, and take different driveshaft lengths accordingly.

I'd be cautious buying a shaft sight unseen if it doesn't list the length, just because there are so many variables. What are the specs on your MJ? You can measure the length you need between the tranny (or TC if 4WD) and the rear pinion yoke so you know what you need.

Jeff