Wire Harness Disconnecting - Need Help

So I'm smack dab in the middle of tearing down my engine for removal and Ive hit a road block. I can't seem to figure out how to diconnect the main wiring harness from the firewall. The harness has an upper and lower section that connect at the firewall. I removed the screw from the center of the harness which allowed me to remove the upper section, but I can't figure out how to remove the lower section.

Here's a picture of the culprit

I have a FSM and I can't seem to locate any info on it (I know it's there).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think there might be little clip things on the sides that have to be pushed in or pulled out for it to come apart. Know what I'm talking about? Kinda like most of the other connectors have. I could be wrong though.

:wrench:

I think there might be little clip things on the sides that have to be pushed in or pulled out for it to come apart. Know what I'm talking about? Kinda like most of the other connectors have. I could be wrong though.

:wrench:

I've looked, and I don't see any tabs on this one. I unplugged about 20 different connectors today and none of them were this hard.

Easiest way to get this one is to remove the 7mm screw that sits in the middle, between the two plugs, and then remove the two #3 phillips screws from the fuse box on the inside of the truck, the whole thing will then come right out. You may have to wiggle it a bit to get it off from under the master cylinder, but should be an easy job.

Thanks cluricaunne.

I had already removed the 7mm screw & the two screws (Hex Head in my case) from the interior..... but I just needed a little more pressure and wiggling and she popped right out. I did a happy dance after that :banana: