Newb Seeking Shifter Boot Help

Newbie here with a question. The '87 Comanche I just bought has both shifter boots blown out due to some little rodent wanting in for the winter. I have a new inner boot but can't figure out how to get it on. I think the tranny is a BA 10/5 since it has three bolts on the top. Anyone done this before?

I've got an ax-15, but mabe I can help. On mine you need to unscrew th shift knob. The bottom of the boot just snaps in with a plastic rectangular trim piece. I just put my pocket knife under it and pop it out. It comes out on one end, I think the rear. The other end is hinged in. Pull up the one end and pull it out at the other. They you should be able to slide the boot up and off the shift lever. There's also a c-clip on the shift lever to keep the boot from slidig down and bunching. You only need to take that off if you're removing the dust shield on top of the shifter mount.

Hope that made sense. I have to take mine off weekly to fix my shifter. Anybody got an ax-15 shifter they care to part with?

Well, the dust shield/inner boot is the one I'm replacing. On my shifter the stick gets big at the bottom so the new boot won't slide down over it. As for your shifter, I got my new accordian boot out of a 95 cherokee at the yard. The shifter is still there. If you want it and are willing to pay what I pay plus shipping, I'll send it to you.