Exhaust rotted from header back

So the exhaust pipe right after the header tore away from the catalytic converter and every thing is all rusted down there. I went to Monroe and middes and they quoted me 800 more or less. Is there a place that sells a oem bolt on system(from the header back) that a noob like me can put on for alot less? Please help me out here guys I can't afford 800 bucks for this.

You won't find a complete kit , but you will find all the individual parts for about $200 or less at rockauto.com .

$800 is a retarded price , even for here in Canada . My ZJ 3" exhaust from the cross-over back was $350 with a Magnaflow muffler , and chrome tip . No cat though .

You could look into a local "no-name " exhaust shop and get it done for about 1/2 to Midas touch , lol .

I jest checked out rock auto, man they got some good prices. If I buy the whole system in parts will any of it have to be welded?

Rock auto is a good place to shop for sure . Sometimes it's even worth my while to ship things from there vs local suppliers , there can be quite a price gap here in Canada .

No , you don't have to weld anything provided the pipes fit together . The factory didn't . You could always use adapters if you had to . I have a cheap flaring tool that I use to "tweak" the ends so the fit better , but , I also weld .

Use a high temp silicone liberally on each joint to help seal it and you will be good clamped . No worries , it's not going to burn off . Just wait till it's set-up before firing up :brows:

Even if you could get it pinned together , you could always take it somewhere to be welded after for minimal cost . If you plan on getting it welded , don't bother to seal the joints with silicone . Always check out how much the garage would want to do something ahead of time , you might find out it's cheap enough to have them tack it together properly