Pad or no Pad?

ride172

Not that kind of pad :no: , carpet pad... :yes:

After getting my leaky heater hose fixed and floor board all dried out and cleaned up, I'm ready to re-install the interior. I'm torn between ripping the padding off the back of my carpet or leaving it attached for warmth and a quiet ride. I know it is rust's wet dream and all but I just can't make myself rip it off. I used some cold galvanized primer and a spray bomb on the steel because I had it lying around.. I know Por-15 is best but it just wasn't in the budget this time around, maybe next winter. So back on topic, will my truck sound like I'm in a steel can without the padding? Will I freeze in the winter time? It does get cold here. So what do you think leave it or ditch it?

I'm moderately picky I guess.. :dunno: I want my MJ to be as good as it can be. If there are more advantages to having the pad, then I'll leave it. If there are more disadvantages then I'll rip it off. I just have a hard time making up my mind. That's mainly why I'm here, I just like to know what the Comanche community thinks is best and the reasons why.. Took me over a half an hour to decide between 5w30 and 10w30 the other day. :nuts: