1989 Yellow MJ

I've had this truck for about 3 months now and figured it is time to share a few pictures of it since I have learned a lot from this site. It had a blown slave cylinder and had been neglected for the past few years. At some point, someone spent some money on it though with the ARB bumper, RE front lift, SOA and 33" swampers.

I have spent the past few months replacing everything in the interior except the dash (some day). It only had a bench seat, door danels and a dash when I got it. Luckily I found a badly wrecked MJ at the JY near me and I stripped the entire interior except for the dash and swapped it over.

This is what the interior looked like after a LOT of cleaning

38589430006_medium.jpg

This is how is looks today, the exterior looks pretty ugly and rough but it's just a toy, not a daily driver and I plan to wheel it a lot so I'm not too concerned about that.

38589430002_medium.jpg

38589430004_medium.jpg

38589430003_medium.jpg

I still need to figure out why it is overheating and get it to pass inspection. I already replaced the leaky radiator and converted it to an open cooling system. It runs great other than the 3.08 gears and 33" swampers. Next on the mod list are some 4.10 axles (Ford 8.8 and newer D30 from a 4cyl XJ), about 2" more lift, and 35's