Another renix to HO question...

I am currently 1/2 done with a HO swap from a '94 xj country into my '87 mj shortbed. Interior dash wiring is done, still gotta integrate xj wiring with mj wiring for the harness that goes to the rear...that shouldn't be too big of a deal, and I am going to be re-assembling engine bay this week with HO motor...hopefully on the road with it shortly thereafter (gotta get the driveshaft shortened first, going from 2wd to 4x4) Its turned out to be a hell of a project, but well worth it...I am actually having fun with it, and since I practically stripped my MJ to a shell, and part by part swapping from the xj, its relatively easy; the only real "mod" I have had to do is cut a hole in the firewall for the auto tranny shift cable (truck was a 5-spd)... and I am going to get even more than I originally planned such as a/c, power mirrors and cruise control :thumbsup: The simple pleasures in life. Furthermore, its giving me the opportunity to fully paint and detail EVERYTHING, and having a near MINT donor vehicle makes it that much easier...it gonna be sweet, I can't wait!!!

THAT SAID, I have read past posts about possible fuel pump sender issues. Something about the sender from the HO won't fit, and the renix sender will cause fuel gauge issues...but have not heard of a remedy for this. Is there anything that can be done!?! First and foremost, am I correct in my understanding that the current renix fuel pump as is, undisturbed, WILL make the motor run? I am trying my best to make this as clean of a swap as possible; so am I going to be stuck with a weird fuel gauge, or through some electrical modification is it possible to make it work...how about this optional fuel tank some of you speak of?...and no, I don't want the fuel tank in the bed...that's where my dirtbike goes 8) Anyway, any info would be great...thanks, and sorry for opening another thread on the HO swap as I am sure this probably gets repetitive...

James

Furthermore, the steering columb I had gotten out of a '90 or '91 xj years ago as it was a tilt columb to replace my non-adjustable one; I did not replace it with this swap as my interior is black, and the current columb is black; the '94 donor columb is tan...so I am leaving the black one. Coming down the columb is a cable that goes to the gearshift selector; some sort of ignition/shift interlock (the black columb was from an auto jeep, so it had the cable already). After putting everything together, I realized the cable from the '94 xj donor has a little canister about 1/3 way down that a single wire connects to, then branches off to something else...the black columb used right now does not have this canister, so I have nothing to connect the wire to...what is this wire, what does it do, and is it necessary? If I remember correctly, it is white with a red stripe. Thanks!

James