T56?

What if you don't have $3500 to spend?

Maybe instead of putting a 6 speed transmissinn in back of a 4 cylinder motor, you should put a 6 cylinder motor in front of a 5 speed transmission.

I agree. I hate to dog someones project but a 4cyl likely won't have the power to turn the low 1st gear or low 6th gear (2nd OD) of most t56s. I mean of course it will work, but it'll be a total dog.

I'm running a 4.0/5 speed combo and love it. Even if I could get a magical 6th gear for free, I'd have no use for it. I'm at optimal cruising rpm at 65-70. And 1st gear is just right as well. I run a t56 in my stang and even there it's really not neccessary, I just like being able to run a taller gear, and its also a strong trans.

Just somethin to think about (and save alot of money on).

sorry to say but you guys are forgetting the final drive ratio. using this trans would let him use a lower gear say 4.10:1 on the street. i say go for it if you want. would be a BA setup behind a 2.4 turbo from a SRT-4.

A common t56 has a final drive of .62. For comparison, a regual t5 has a .68. There are exceptions (viper spec t56 is .5, and so on). And like I stated in my last post, first gear is not as agressive in a t56 as in most 5 speeds.