Radiator 101

For those of us who have wondered what it takes to repair the plastic tanked aluminum radiator when those end caps begin to leak just puruse the pics. Start by using a big screw driver and pry up those lil tabs holding the tank on. Acquire the rubber gasket (got mine at a rad. shop) install gasket & crimp the tabs down at 150 ft #. or the best you can. I used a big punch & hammer & hope you don't crack anything. Now, when I get around to it I've got to cap one end & put the hose to it to see if I did a good job before I put it back in the Cherokee.

Image Not Found[/img]

No wonder the tranny cooler is inefficent, theres not much to it. Warm water just passes thru the tube to cool it.

Image Not Found[/img]

Well if you screw the job up then you can still sell the 6# of aluminum, it's now $1.479 a pound.

Image Not Found[/img]

Not to steal your thread, but another alternative is a full aluminum from Jeeptricks.com - $230 plus shipping - bolts right in place for any 4.0L cherokee or comanche - any year. I got one from Nick over there a month and a half ago or so and it's been great. Again, sorry to take away from your tech info.