87 Plow MJ in MA

Brickmiata

See my build thread for more pics and details of how things came together on this truck.  http://comancheclub.com/topic/45549-comanche-for-the-snow/

87 4.0 with an ax15/np231 with around 200k on it.  It passed inspection last week and I do have the title in hand.

Subaru wrx seats

brand new brake rotors, pads, calipers, drums, wheel cylinders, and a 96 booster/master cylinder

upgraded to 100amp alternator

Kelley's WIP upgraded battery cables (full kit with everything available)

upgraded grp34 battery

full cluster with tack, etc and all sensors swapped so everything works (shows 145k I believe)

rebuilt shifter

boostwerks transfer case shifter and boy does it work nicely

Brown Dog motor mounts (I forget which ones but the driveline is tight and it isn't harsh feeling or sounding)

New clutch 5k miles ago when the ax15 was put in

new clutch master and slave cylinders

All new fluids everywhere

Aluminum expansion tank with vented cap after the plastic one ended its life (cloud of steam and it was shut off long before it could overheat)

plugs, wires, cap and rotor

New ujoints front to back

Toolbox is small and the latches aren't great but its included in the sale

7ft fischer plow wired in and works 100% of the time

New chain on the plow to replace the cracking one and to extend travel in float to eliminate the lift I was getting while cresting hills or approaching dips

2" lift BDS front coils to level out with the plow frame on there

All new shocks

Nates 4x4 rear bumper and license plate relocated to the tailgate for ground clearance 

Almost all of cruisers renix tips have been completed on this truck and almost every bulb on the truck is new along with half the wiring (everything electrical works great)

The tires have tons of life left in them and do great in the snow

New interior lights

It has home made 1/8' steel boxes for wheel wells in the bed and it has had each rocker patched recently (they will be bedlined to match before sale)

It has no mechanical problems whatsoever and is ready to drive/work. 

I'm asking $3999 OBO as it sits with everything including the plow and everything jeep in the garage.  In just a few short months, this truck went from something I didn't trust on the street to a fully functioning money making machine and I would not hesitate to drive it across the country.

Price drop to $3999 OBO for the pair.

$2800 OBO for the truck alone

$1200 OBO for the plow alone

The first picture shows the drivers side rocker patch.  It will be ground down, smoothed and bedlined but in the interest of sharing everything, I patched both sides like this to make sure it had no problems passing inspection.  Aside from the drivers floor panel which does have some rust, the truck is now a pretty solid truck for New England.  No rust on the frame rails and very little to be found in the bed or engine bay.

The new patches and wheel tubs will both be bedlined to match surrounding areas soon. 

Offers?

Comments?

Insults?

I have not yet had time to clean up my welds and smooth the rockers as I am also listing the autox car for sale BUT I will be doing that by Sunday night at the latest.

I also have a half gallon of tractor paint and can strip and repaint the plow before a purchase is made...  I am flexible on price and happy to put more work or even parts into it should a potential buyer want more done to it.  As I said in the first post, most of Cruiser's Renix tips have been done on this truck, the instrument cluster ground will be done soon and I will bypass the C101 if someone would like (no problem there, just getting everything to a reliable base point for the next owner)

Bump for a busy weekend.  Got nothing done on the truck except a new chain for the plow but the laundry list of little things will get done prior to finalizing any sale.

Price drop to $4000 OBO for the pair.

$2800 OBO for the truck alone

$1200 OBO for the plow alone

Motivated seller so come check it out in person, come drive it, you won't be disappointed.  The mechanical and electrical systems on this truck are rock solid.  Not many 28yr old jeeps handle the highway or stop as well as this one.  Also, remember this is OBO, worst I can do is laugh on the outside and walk away hurt on the inside  :yes: .  Happy jeepin

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

Going to install interior lights and a new chain on the plow this week.  The lights will be nice for plowing at night...

On another note, the truck and plow are both still working to earn their driveway spot.  Last week, I plowed my big compost pile back down into the woods along with a bunch of brush.  Went through it all like butter!  Of course, I gave it a bath right afterwards.

Bled the plow yesterday with all new fluid.  There was no reason but I was bored.  I have a can of yellow tractor paint and a can of bedliner to go with the sale as well as a bunch of spare parts for both the plow and the truck.  No rot on the plow or frame so it would be simple to wire wheel or sandblast the surface rust off and paint it to look nice.

Archived