random Comanches found on the internet...

ComancheKid45

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AZXJs. He was an active member from Oct. 2005 to June 2006, so I'm gonna post pics of his truck.

Dove nose and dove tail.

Photo42.jpg

Photo161.jpg

normal_Picture%20028.jpg

http://arizonaxj.com/photogallery/displayimage.php?album=51&pos=137

Do you know if he has a build up thread anywhere? I think I want to narrow up my front like that.... Like, I've already cut it all apart. Might as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I have got some pics. of a comanche that I built at Currie for a shop/chase truck for them.Trussed 9" in the rear,trussed 8" in the front with aluminum third member and a three link front suspension.Front and rear sway bars

post-1-61119-SHOP_PICS._COMMACHE___FRONT_END_045.jpg

post-1-61187-SHOP_PICS._COMMACHE___FRONT_END_048.jpg

post-1-61304-SHOP_PICS._COMMACHE___FRONT_END_052.jpg

post-1-61344-SHOP_PICS._COMMACHE___FRONT_END_063.jpg

post-1-61377-SHOP_PICS._COMMACHE___FRONT_END_065.jpg

post-1-61525-SHOP_PICS._COMMACHE___FRONT_END_060.jpg

we race a class 14 truck which is a jeep comanchee that is linked pulling 20 inches of wheel travel in the rear with a 12 inch stroke shock and 15 inches of travel in the front truck ways 3200 lbs total with drivers and fuel if anuybody has any questions e-mail me

post-1-11380-damzl.jpg

From this thread, http://dezertrangers.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=41131;hl=toyota+and+pic+and+request, on DezertRangers.com.

The exhaust on the 1st one is sckuckin sexy. And... Fiberglass bed sides on #2...

• 2 weeks later...
AZXJs. He was an active member from Oct. 2005 to June 2006, so I'm gonna post pics of his truck.

Dove nose and dove tail.

Photo42.jpg

Photo161.jpg

normal_Picture%20028.jpg

http://arizonaxj.com/photogallery/displayimage.php?album=51&pos=137

I'm still around.. Moved my business from the garage to a shop and have been way to busy to finish the MJ... She'll be sitting on all fours before long.. I'll post up when she's almost done..

I wonder what all he did with the unibody in the front too. .

Unibody was plated in 4x4 1/4inch angle iron welded and rosetted to the unibody. The front inner fender wells were removed and the rails were plated in 3/16 plate steel. The front cross member is also tied into the rails with plate. The sliders are 2x5 with 2x2 runners to the unirail. The exo is 1.75 .120 wall.. tight agianst the body for a clean look. the grill was narrowed to 5 bars and the front header panel is in the process of being narrowed so the head lights and grill assembly look stock. the hood and fenders have yet to be finished, still some more tube to run for the Big Horn nitro shocks. I'm working about 100 hrs a week between the Shop and my night job on the weekends so not much has been done lately..

If you need any more info shoot me an email.. Dave@sesertfab.com

Take care

Dave

Http://Desertfab.com/

480-288-4213

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Saw this mj listed on ebay for 2k

Image Not Found

:redX:

This could be the best MJ picture of ALL Time;

I own that comanche!

And I've wheeled with that Comanche! :D (Though not on that particular trip, nor with it's current owner.)

:hmm:

I can see that first pic, though it took a few seconds to load.

The gold MJ was previously owned by Rick (xjs4ever) who let me tag along on one of his various Moab trips. He loved it like a son and was happy (that's a relative term, he let it go very reluctantly) to see that he could sell it to a fellow MJ enthusiast. I assure you that it took more than just a handful of money to take over the reigns of the Varmint. :D

Here's Rick:

My truck on the same trip. It's reeeeeally hard to take a bad picture in Moab. :D And no, that's not me. That's my co-pilot Carly. :D