MJ#757 ..it's an 87...no, it's a 95, no, it's a...97+?

And you didn't even have to get the paint out (yet). :D

Looks great, but if it were my truck the front would have to go up a little higher to more closely match the back. I think it has the stance of a 2wd truck (albeit a tall one).

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you didn't even have to get the paint out (yet). :D

Looks great, but if it were my truck the front would have to go up a little higher to more closely match the back. I think it has the stance of a 2wd truck (albeit a tall one).

thanks

it's optical illusion...it sits about level. i want the rear a bit higher so I can load my offroad gear and not suffer negative effects from losing too much up-travel and flex.

but, the front's going up another 1" or so...

...so I can load my offroad gear and not suffer negative effects from losing too much up-travel and flex...

Why do you need offroad gear if you never offroad?

Sorry had to give ya a hard time... being you've missed 3 trips now when every time you said you'd "no way I'm going to miss them" ;)

...so I can load my offroad gear and not suffer negative effects from losing too much up-travel and flex...

Why do you need offroad gear if you never offroad?

Sorry had to give ya a hard time... being you've missed 3 trips now when every time you said you'd "no way I'm going to miss them" ;)

i only missed two trips

and never have had an MJ that i could really wheel. now i do.

well...

today I repaired the heaterbox problem...the connector to the back of the control module had gone soft, and was causing leakdown. I replaced it with the one that came off of the junk heaterbox (not a fun job...the hoses need to be cut out perfectly so you don't wreck the plug unit). no pics of that, but not that big of a deal.

also wiring up my electric fan right now, installing the cargo lamp, radio/speakers/wiring, and installing the rest of the interior.

tomorrow I'm removing the catalytic converter and muffler, and replacing the cat with a straight pipe and the muffler with a dynomax...they rattle and it kinda bugs me. after that, I'll be rebuilding the front driveshaft/replacing it, and locking the vac disco in place.

progress :D

i really hate you. seriously, i have had my jeep for about a year and i have been dreaming for it to look like this. Quit working so hard

jamminz.gif keep it up man.

look like what? a dirty, scuffed up, 21 year old jeep with half an interior and a bunch of new(ly refurbished) parts that idles funny? :brows:

got a hella horn for it (i'm very disapointed...i wanted a deep noise, this sounds like a fawking clown car...)

and the interior is done except for a few things to the chopped center console, and the rear trim piece

air PSI gauge for the on board air (yet to install), and trans temp gauge (need to install sensor)

cb installed, and bent a piece of diamondplate to cover the center

Image Not Found

notice all interior lights work (no broken clips either!

going outside right now to put a new muffler in

Nice. I like the tan/Black combo on the interior.

How did you modify the center console? I see the armrest and storage spot, did you just cut everything else ahead of that?

yep, just chopped it off forward of the center mounting plate. need to make a piece of diamond plate to cover the front of it now, then i can mount the rest of my auxilary switches there (rear fogs, amp cutout, OBA switch, etc.)

i am digging the interior. can you get some better pics of the console. like from above?

sure. i'll take one later this week...simply chopped it in half. nothing fancy.

update...i have an EXTREMELY leaky rear main right now. stupid me for plugging the breather lines... :roll: :oops:

almost done with the center console and the little things in the interior...just need a power cable for the amp to power the 6x9's, then rebuild the steering column plus install a 3-spoke steering wheel.

from there, just need to re-install the front driveshaft and put the posilock in (built one, just need the handle so I can shift it).

transfercase might be screwed though...makes noise from the front bearing.

today I got the front driveshaft back in, and then took a 86 cherokee selec-trac vacuum switch and plumbed vacuum line from it to the central axle disconnect. the disco is now powered by engine vacuum...due to it formerly being a 2wd, it had no other option.

anyways, not 20 minutes after i installed the 4wd, and I already high centered it on a pile of field rock :oops: :eek:

luckily i could dig the rock down and then when i moved forward the loose rock all fell down/moved around. bottom of frame rails are scratched up as is the tranny x-member and the right cab support. just scraches so nothing bad.

thanks dude. idk where the gauge pods are from...they came off of an xj I worked on for a friend who fell on hard times...couldn't keep the jeep and had no time to finish it.

anyways, as promised here are pics of the console from above. I still haven't finished the front of the console, as I have something special planned for there.

and a few showing the cheapo center console i've put in (works better than factory options, and it's a wheeling truck anyways...), and also showing my front Central Axle Disconnect switch...

and the rear bumper I will be using, set on top of the factory bumper. it's lacking on outer protection, but is just fine for a rear bumper. I will be extending it at some point after it is installed, and running it to the wheel well for some side protection.

• 2 weeks later...

will add pix later, but I've begun work on the rear shock mounts...decided I didn't like how it was turning out so far, so I'm just installing modified cherokee lower mounts on it, and triangulating the shocks.

also got a set of rough country swaybar end links in a trade and put them in...much much better handling now that everything is tight. upgrading to swaybar disco's from 89eliminator soon enough.

this weekend I'm doing the valve cover, water pump, and injectors on the motor. hopefully I'll also get the rear bumper installed and the shocks finished. thank god I have a company vehicle to drive now :D

valve cover is drying right now...will post pics when it's installed. new O-rings on the injectors, took the stock rear bumper off and just put the tow bar on...it looks funny, but at least I can tow stuff now. the new bumper will be mounted sometime soon-ish...

and, I rebuilt my first GM steering column today...the column in the truck wobbled all over the darn place, and affected how the key worked (pushrods wouldn't work right to the ignition switch). the only problem I had was the one c-clip around the steering shaft. anyways, now it's working for me and I put a 3 spoke black steering wheel with center cap on it instead of the crappy base model one.

poser

rear bumper off

mockup

class 3 (no bumper so that I can make my measurements right now

valve cover

old one

new one installed after sanding the ribs

and a lil sumthin

i actually bought the ARB, decided i DON'T like their one-hit kills bumper but saves truck design (3/16" steel), so i sold it to a buddy for what i payed for it (which is good, cause i woulda gone negative....)