MJ#757 ..it's an 87...no, it's a 95, no, it's a...97+?

yup, completely bolt-in. i LOVE it.

other news, it's on all 4 tires now, and the mexicans who tried to fix it before filled the radiator with water (stupid untrained technicians :roll: ) and apparently the reservoir doesn't like that when you shut it off.... :oops:

brought it outside. despite what the pics show, the front is about .25" shorter than the rear.

now I have to plumb the rear brakes and front brakes, build the UCA's that will be in it, bolt everything on the front axle up tight, and put the interior in.

piece of cake :D

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Pat.

I had wondered about the TJ shifter. I like the look and feel better than the one in the MJ. Since we're going with the 242 though I'd need and extra position. Been looking at the ones out of a grand.

I really like that grille but I think it would look better on my 86. :D

Looking good Pat.

I had wondered about the TJ shifter. I like the look and feel better than the one in the MJ. Since we're going with the 242 though I'd need and extra position. Been looking at the ones out of a grand.

I really like that grille but I think it would look better on my 86. :D

thanks!

take out the shifter cage for it. actually, it should work as it is but you'd need to put a different indicator on it so it said 4hi locked or whatever.

as for the grille...sorry, it stays :P. i'm blacking out the upper, lower and side trim as well as the bezels though. the only things that will be chrome will be the 21 slot grille, and the mirrors.

oh, got a complete tan interior out of a combination of a 95 xj and a 88 mj to install in it, with 95 seats (to be installed as time allows). cool thing is, i've found an EASY mod to make XJ front seatbelts work in an MJ. it's as simple as flipping around the hardware on the belt, and drilling one hole.

front end is complete, transmission complete. new rear driveshaft cost $200 to build plus $40 for the shafts i based it off of...having a spare shaft made at half cost as a trail spare. picking them up tomorrow AM

all that is left is finish welding the rear axle perches, plumb rear brake lines, and I'm installing most of the interior tonight.

oh, I did a quick fix on my old UCA's...as a result, the front axle sits around 1" farther forward than it should. that will be remedied with the new arm system i'll install.

done by tomorrow night jamminz.gif

all that is left is to install an xj proportioning valve and bleed the brakes, and install the rear driveshaft, then grease all of the joints that will be done tomorrow night.

rear driveshaft

interior...need to finish installing it, but at the moment it's done enough to drive..seatbelts in and seats and dash. i need to put a radio in it..

sporting the 3800's front bumper for now

89eliminator came over and we did some minor comparison shots

driveshaft angle is set 2 degrees below in-line with the slip portion of the rear driveshaft, so that when i step on the gas and it torques up, it will run at the proper angle.

mines taller :D

not for very long...

oh, reeeaaalllly :popcorn:

well, with the rears being equal height and my control arms jutting the axle forward 1", i figure that when I set the control arms proper and add a second set of rubber isolators, we'll be even. of course, i'm thinking of adding 4wd rear springs with 1" shackle in the rear and a 2" spacer kit up front with the longarms... :eek:

SCARY!!! :eek:

driving, lost all engine power. :mad:

cranked and cranked then finally popped the hood, reached to the ballast resistor, a wire fell off :eek: :roll: reconnected, and all is well.

slight bottom end knock...oil change will reveal what 10 years of sitting does to a motor. not too concerned...i've got 4.0's that can replace it.

and, no vibrations until 60...but they're from the front left so it's an alignment issue since everything else is pretty much new, or good.

Looks GOOD!!

Except for the mirror stain on the door...but thats just me. :D

really? i was kinda thinking of leaving it there...;)

no idea what to do about it except paint the door...which means painting the rest of the truck if i'm already going through the trouble.

some necessary repairs to be done tomorrow...

--replace alternator (current one MELTED internally on the way home... :roll: :eek: ), check/replace starter cables if necessary.

--RADIO!!!!!!!

--replace MAP sensor

--install more of the interior

--perhaps make the manual disconnect for the axle

--install toolbox from the 3800, or pick up a free alluminum one i know of

new alternator is installed and working, MAP is swapped, and I put the toolbox from the 3800 and the spare tire carrier in the bed. also picked up another swb bedliner from 89eliminator for beaterjeep

comparing jeeps

with toolbox and carrier

looks great! this is how mine wants to look when i get off my butt and work on her

jamminz.gif

thanks.

it's...whiter now. much, much whiter (compliments of straight up clorox bleach)

and pulled up next to the 3800

this weekend I'll be aligning the front end, installing the radio and the rest of the interior, and hopefully button down some rattles. need to replace the front driveshaft and lock the disconnect as well...maybe get the 95+ seats in too, but not too sure if I will be able to.