Mistress Moneypit

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Got my shocks today. Skyjacker Hydro 7000's. A good shock to last me until I get my 5150's.

Went driving for about an hour and a half today to see how everything is working. I was very pleased with everything. I even took it on the freeway, only for 1 mile but its riding great.

Steering is a little sloppy but i'll work on that. Hopefully I'll be on the trail in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so it's offically driveable. fixed the slop in my steering, and its got shocks. Took it for about a 2 hour drive and did some mild flexing to see how everything's working. I've got some trimming in my future. I also got some new Hella lights for my bumper I'll post pics when i get them mounted.

Did I ever mention I have black interior? Its in perfect shape too. Except for the bench is a little worn out, but no rips or tears or stains. I plan to put racing/suspension seats in it some day but thats low on my list.

Went to mount up my new Hella's today and the brackets on my bumper are too low so the lights won't point straight they point up quite a bit. I've got it all wired up but I'll have to put some new brackets on the bumper when i get back from salem.

thanks man. I know i was jelous seeing another chief make progress faster than i was. I put my jeep in the garage september 07 and wasn't able to drive it until this last week. so i'm pretty excited.

yes it is the RE bracket kit. works out great except for the breather on the top of the axle is very hard to get to with the truss right on top.

Did you use an elbow fitting on it? My friend has a D60 hybrid (60 center, 44 outers) the we had to use an elbow fitting on to get the breather to work right. Hasn't been an issue since.

Its pretty much a standard brass barbed fitting that is bent 90 degrees. We got ours at ACE Hardware. It think it was 99 cents :D

If you can get yours out easily, take it in with you and match the threads up to the elbow one.

Keep in mind our axle was custom built by Solid, so you may have to drill your breather opening up to use a different one.

took her for about a 100 mile round trip yesterday, mostly freeway. everything went great. i couldnt be happier. I also mounted my new lights yesterday.

No covers

Covers

On

I've got a bit of an idle problem now but i'm going to replace all my vacuum lines and see if that helps

Replaced all my vacuum lines today for about $15. Idles like a champ now.

Here is what I need to get done,

1 bolt left to drill in my tracbar mount,

Build Rear Bumper

Rearview mirror

Cut Fenders

New Pads out back

Spare tire

Axle seals out back

When that is done, here is what I want to do next,

Open Cooling system with Taurus Fan,

Racing Seats or XJ Buckets with center console.

Rock Rails/Rocker Replacements

Inner/Exo Cage

Mount for my Hi-lift and shovel

CB

Uni-body stiffeners

I got a question for you, because i'm doing the same swap. when you did the waggy steering, how did you bolt the waggy tie rod end to the comanche Piman arm? the waggy is too big for the pitman arm, and i'm thinking i'll have to open up the hole with a tappered bit or something.

Yeah, all you have to do is get the right size reamer, i used 3/4 i believe and ream the stock pitman arm out. do it slowing and constantly checking to see if the drag link fits, you definitly do not want to over ream it.

did you go over the knuckle?

hey thanks guys. i do not have any bumpsteer, and i believe my steering is really good considering none of the parts under the truck are stock. for a truck lifted 7.5" i really like the steering, but its no cadillac. does that make sense?

did you lose some of your turning radius? when i got it all bolted up i had lost a bunch of turning radius. so i ended up using a J truck pitman arm because it was longer, and i fixed my turning radius, in fact, i have never turned so tight.

• 2 weeks later...