colorado mjs trail run

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea ide come but i don't think 2wd would do to good

Not necessarily. A 2wd with a locker has as many drive wheels as a 4x4 with open difs. And going uphill when you need the traction, weight gets transferred toward the rear axle.

I have seen a K10 with locker and removed front ds (after it broke) have less trouble on the trail than an FJ40 with open difs.

Not necessarily. A 2wd with a locker has as many drive wheels as a 4x4 with open difs. And going uphill when you need the traction, weight gets transferred toward the rear axle.

I have seen a K10 with locker and removed front ds (after it broke) have less trouble on the trail than an FJ40 with open difs.

don't got a locker or posi lim slip :grrrr:

don't got a locker or posi lim slip :grrrr:

take the f250. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My mill grenaded in my '86 last Dec so if ya don't mind a sexy white XJ taggin along, I'm in. My only days off are Sun & Wed but I'd make an exception if it meant wheelin with a decent crew for a change. I ran Slaughterhouse last Sun and as me and my partner were digging cans/bottles/shotgun casings out of a fire pit, some a-hole in an Exploder just drove past shakin his head at us. Were we cleaning up the crap left behind by some rednecks?? Noooo I'm sure to that dude we were bums collecting aluminum for our next jug of hooch.

Lemme know when bro. Scott - you in? I jacked the XJ up to 5" and stuck some 33x9.50's on it. They did great at SH but had some nice rubbage on the flares!

Rick 303-396-3018

Image Not Found

• 4 weeks later...

So far we have 5 in and 1 potential (sir sam, i pm'd him tonight about it) in, lets plan on a run in early August up to a easy-moderate trail to see what the capabilities of our groups rigs are and possibly get a wheeling group together .

Cool. I ditched the 33's and am going back to 31's for several reasons but I'm in on this no matter what. Maybe we can make it an overnighter? Do some midnight wheelin eh?

yeah, that would be a lot of fun, maybe we can plan a weenend to go run some of the great moderate trails in rampart range. jamminz.gif

I will be in Crested Butte the weekend of July 19 for a wedding, but won't have the Jeep (looking for a ride :popcorn: )

Just in case you happen to be in the area. :chillin:

this will be the first time going farther west than Omaha on I-80 :nuts:

That weekend ill be out by the sand dunes. I plan to run medano on either thursday the 16th or friday the 17th (i think thats the right dates) and do crestone trail as well. maby we could hit up OCG or something alike in BV (NOT CARNAGE!!!!!) or close to it on thursday or friday. Any interest?

Never ran Old Chinamans Gulch but its on my to-do list ;)

Coneys a winner too [aka Middle St Vrain]

I'd feel better if I replaced both front bearing hub assemblies first tho. I can hear them clickin but theys about $100 + each last I heared.

I still like the idea of making it a camping trip. Nuthin like burning a steak on a mountain and howlin at the moon [in between curling those 12 oz weights]

Never ran Old Chinamans Gulch but its on my to-do list ;)

Coneys a winner too [aka Middle St Vrain]

I'd feel better if I replaced both front bearing hub assemblies first tho. I can hear them clickin but theys about $100 + each last I heared.

I still like the idea of making it a camping trip. Nuthin like burning a steak on a mountain and howlin at the moon [in between curling those 12 oz weights]

Napa has them for $189 when i was last in. FN jeep has them used for 40 a pc.

last time i was up there i tore my bedsides to hell and broke my driveaxle u-joint. i think i want to get my sliders built b4 i tackle this one again. for this one you want to have preassembled unitbearing/driveaxle assemblies to install. its an easy one to break those (I learned the hard way, just ask the RockFrogs :oops: )

N

apa has them for $189 when i was last in. FN jeep has them used for 40 a pc.

last time i was up there i tore my bedsides to hell and broke my driveaxle u-joint. i think i want to get my sliders built b4 i tackle this one again. for this one you want to have preassembled unitbearing/driveaxle assemblies to install. its an easy one to break those (I learned the hard way, just ask the RockFrogs :oops: )

You need rock sliders?? I have a set I'll cut you a deal on. Came off my 86 MJ. And who has hubs for 40 a pc?? I just stuck my new 31x10.50-15 mudders on and I amd dyin to test em out so c'mon people lets git this show on the road pronto k?? Dang it will be 13' of snow b4 we get the trip done!! :brows:

N

You need rock sliders?? I have a set I'll cut you a deal on. Came off my 86 MJ. And who has hubs for 40 a pc?? I just stuck my new 31x10.50-15 mudders on and I amd dyin to test em out so c'mon people lets git this show on the road pronto k?? Dang it will be 13' of snow b4 we get the trip done!! :brows:

Are the sliders for a long bed? If so I am very interested, name the price. doesnt matter either way, but are they bolt on or weld on?

If i can get sliders id be up for chinamans on theither thurstday, friday or sunday of the 18th weekend. 8)

N

Are the sliders for a long bed? If so I am very interested, name the price. doesnt matter either way, but are they bolt on or weld on?

If i can get sliders id be up for chinamans on theither thurstday, friday or sunday of the 18th weekend. 8)

I got my sliders custom done at Phat Jeeps in Rollinsville. They're rather sturdy, I doubt I'll see any problems with them.

I'm going up to Slaughterhouse with a group on Sunday early afternoonish. If anyone is interested in going with us, shoot me a PM and I can get you the details.