likely stay at the Attica Inn.

(too old and whiny to camp)

Any plans for Saturday night?

maybe we can plan dinner at Robies

it is a bar and restaurant -

the only good food in town

steaks, chicken, dessert

...BOB

Trailering the Comanche over Saturday morning. Its a 4 hour trip for us. We'll be there when the gates open!! Sure wish gas was cheaper :(

This will be my third trip to the Badlands this year..... That place is a blast!!!!

I might be driving down on thursday for a bit of light wheeling on friday. Seems a shame to drive allllll that way for only 1 day. But it depends on both my and my friend Mike's schedules.

Jeep on!

--Pete

How about everyone meet at my tent? Seems to me that the campground was pretty empty last year but the Badlands parking lot was crowded. They open at 9:00am, so that seems as good as any for a meeting time. Can everyone make that?

Anyone remember if there is any cell phone coverage there? My number is 313-510-9100 and I have nationwide coverage so feel free to call. How about channel 14 for the CB?

Jeep on!

--Pete

Well, it looks like I'm stuck at home tonight. Mike has a stupid quiz tomorrow morning and we'll be leaving as soon as he's done. Should arrive in Attica sometime around 7 or 8 on Friday, hopefully before dark. If anyone that's camping arrives before me, I'll be picking an electrical site furthest away from the majority of the other electric sites (so as to avoid the RVs). Camping is nice and all, but the extension cord for my electric blanket is only so long. 8)

Jeep on!

--Pete

You guys can probably park your trailer and tow rig at the campground if you wanted to avoid congestion in the Badlands parking lot. Might cost a couple bucks to be a "visitor", but maybe not since the campground will hardly be crowded. The old guy running the grounds last year had a really nonchalant attitude about everything. 8)

What were we doing for lunch? I was just going to bring along peanut butter and honey for sandwiches.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Got back today from The Badlands, and meeting some of our fellow MJ members. PETE and his personal photograher Mike, Rjohntzen aka Bob from Indy, Comanchegirl and comanchero, Comanche dude and his son and an XJ'er and his daughter. I am sorry I can't remember all the names real well. We spent the whole day wheeling, with little time to talk other than the CB. We expected rain and gloom. we got a day in the lower sixties and sun most of the afternoon. We enjoyed mud, rocks, sand, creeks, and dodging atv's throughout the day. I had a great time. I will be looking forward to go again with you all. I will post my pics later this week.

...BOB

Home at last! I'll start putting the pics together tomorrow night after class. Or maybe during class if it's boring. But right now I'm off to enjoy my nice warm bed in anticipation of NOT waking to the sound of ATVs in the morning. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete