Drahcir495's Build-up

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you have a nice place to call home and work on your Jeeps. Is that your SRT?

Thanks Rymanrph. It is an awesome place, but I do not own it. I just fill it up with my stuff :brows: . This place is right around the corner from my house jamminz.gif . No more 35 minute drive to work on our projects. The SRT belongs to the property owner. That is a fast car.

• 3 months later...

I can’t seem to get the jeep to stop leaking oil :fs1: . I have replaced the vale cover twice. Changed the O-rings in the oil adapter and the list goes on and on. So, I picked up a motor out of a wrecked 98 XJ and I am going to swap that in with details as I go along. Today Bwatsoncj was looking under the hood to see if he can see something I may have missed - and he did! The oil dipstick rod was broken off at the base of the block and we had just come from three junk yards, so I was not going back to get that part. I just so happen to have another 89 block in storage to be used for a stroker build and it still had the oil dipstick assembly intact. I used a ½ inch socket to remove the nut for the three grounds. And I had to use an E7 reverse torx socket to get the bolt off the support arm of the dipstick. You can see how much is broken off the old dip stick ->

Used the Snap-On easy out to get the lower piece out ->

I was a lot easier to get that out than I had imagined. I reinstalled the everything and topped off the oil ->

We will see if this was the complete reason for the oil leak . . .

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
48 minutes ago, Pete M said:

a long time indeed!  :waving:  how's the family?  how's the truck?

Hello Pete! This is by far the best online group that has ever been. Picture trail just caught on that I have 62 bytes of pictures on a max of 20 lol. Had to update my account to keep my build-up page active 😬. My family is great , thanks for asking. Best news is that I had a son 4 years ago and that is one reason for my absence. Truck has been retired because I need a something I can haul the dog and kids around. Don’t worry, I replaced it with a 2 door XJ. Keeping it Jeep. By the way, I hope your pup is still jeeping. I will get a picture of my Cherokee up here.

actually, we now host your pictures here on CC. :L:  it came out of the photobucket debacle.  one of our members was kind enough to write some code that went through our whole database and saved every pic to our own space on a server.  :banana: no more reliance on the big hosting companies to keep our info safe!

new pics can simply be dragged off the desktop into your text box. :D  

Pete that is so great!! I will get rid of my PictureTrail account 👍🏻. Thanks for letting me know.

Hoo,

Thank you. Yours graduating high school-nice. Next is college - time does fly.

The mj is parked up at my parents property. Probably going to sell that and my scrambler 🥺. With the family now, The dually project is no longer going to happen. Sold both 86 Comanche’s. I am going to sell the complete dually kit. My son is my project now. Here is my daily driver now

FC9C0065-A18A-4CDC-AB25-D2A4473F82A4.jpeg

25303C58-7B7D-44C4-88A8-8AE9FC8534F1.jpeg

Hey Rich!

Great to see you again, can't believe your son is already 4.  Our daughter will be 15 in 2 months, I can't remember when you met her but it was a long time ago.  Great to see you back on here, take care and hope to see you in person sometime soon!  

Buck.  

6 hours ago, buxmj said:

Hey Rich!

Great to see you again, can't believe your son is already 4.  Our daughter will be 15 in 2 months, I can't remember when you met her but it was a long time ago.  Great to see you back on here, take care and hope to see you in person sometime soon!  

Buck.  

Buck! Good to hear from you. I can’t believe he is four either. Fifteen - wow! Yeah I remember you driving over to the shop with your family. It has to be at least 6 years ago. How is the MJ? Let’s get together soon. 

• Drahcir495 changed the title to Drahcir495's Build-up